41st Elite Clone w.i.p.

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Keanu
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 7088

Re: 41st Elite Clone w.i.p.

Post by Keanu »

To be honest I have no idea how the tinting works; I think most clones employ the green tinted welders visor and cut it down to fit. Might wanna try over at CTN boards, maybe a clone over there has done it.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

:mad: ARRRRRGH!!! So want to kill the girlfriend. Was at work when I remembered that I had a smoked paintball visor that I never used and wanted to see if it would fit. Well, much to my chagrin, she decided to clean my office/video studio and I can't find a darn thing anymore. Don't know what she did with the visor. Takes me 3 hours just to find a screwdriver. Sometimes I wish I was still single. :lol:

EDIT: Wouldn't have worked anyway. I held the template I made up to my paintball mask and the visor is too small. Decided I'm just going to use a motorcycle visor. Thanks for all the help, guys! :D
CT/ID-7859
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

These are in all my helmets. Cheap too. Sorry it took so long to post it. I had to find the info before I said something. Didnt want to get anyones hopes up. AND they are a Mi company to boot!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dark-Green-Face-Shi ... 563f032f19
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

started on the painting last night. now correct me if i'm wrong, but the grill portion and the verticle strip on the back side are smoked gray, correct?
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

From the girlfriend:
You told me to clean. I cleaned. You did NOT specify which room or how clean you wanted it. My idea of clean and your idea of clean are night and day. I cleaned. You shuffle messes, check your geek boards (no offense to anyone else on this board, but DeafTrooper here is a HUGE geek. Can quote any movie, any song at any time), watch the History channel and shuffle the mess once more. :slap:

I still love you, even if you are a Starwars geek. :love:

<3
--The Girl Friend

PS: I so told you! :pbb:
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

ok, this is deaftrooper talking: honey, you're sleeping on the balcony tonight! :rotflmao:
CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

The grill is grey and the back stripe is black as far as I know.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Ok, thanks! Was trying to look at the pics of the sideshow collectibles figure and wasn't sure, as I thought I saw differences between them/other pics from screen shots and other people's builds.

Also, can someone please pm me with info on where to get the clone belts? I am too big for the ones that kw makes and I repeated tried to get a hold of the guys on sci-fire that make the hyperfirm belts and nobody ever returned my messages. Thanks!
CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

Go to the clone boards and look for Steelblitz. He makes nice stuff and his belts are a bit longer. Going to get two of them for myself.
syntax
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 5480

Post by syntax »

I'm by no means an expert on the belts, but I'll PM you contact info hyperfirm. Steelblitz belts are nice too, I've seen a couple of them.

Great job on the helmet so far, those aerators rock.
TK 100% (EIB status: Approved 12/15/2010 EIB#140)
"Stak" Lightning Squad Animated ARF Trooper: Approved 4/14/2012
Darth Nihilus (KOTOR): 83.7%
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

syntax wrote:I'm by no means an expert on the belts, but I'll PM you contact info hyperfirm. Steelblitz belts are nice too, I've seen a couple of them.

Cool! Oscs belts are too small for me and I've never heard of Steelblitz before.

EDIT: Ok, thanks for the info. Did a search for Steelblitz and got some info from him.
syntax wrote:Great job on the helmet so far, those aerators rock.
Thanks! I was surprised they turned out like they did. I wasn't even sure if it would work, haha
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Ughhh. Should've known better than to do some painting after a lousy day at work. Sprayed painted the entire helmet with krylon fusion satin white the other day. Decided to work on the gray parts today with gloss smoked gray. Masked it off and started painting. Grill/teeth section paint cracked. I'm grabbing a jack and coke and going back to bed. :ohboy:
CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

It happens man.. just chock it off as a learning exp..... lol.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

yah, i hear ya, bro. but after the crappy day i had at work, i was hoping working on it would calm me down, not cause me more aggrevation. was the last straw for the day. :bar: LOL
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Well, I fixed the paint cracks. Had a bunch of paint that bled through the masking tape, so I guess I'll be sanding that down next. There were a couple of missed spots, so I'm going to go the easy route and use a brush to touch everything up. Are the ear portions supposed to be smoked gray like the teeth or are they black? I was looking at some reference picks and I keep seeing 2 different things. The ears and the thin strip around the helmet appear black to me.

Going to take a short break from the build. Promised the woman that I'd try and fix up this old table her mother gave us before they moved out of state. Will give me something to do while I'm on vacation next week. Plus the new table will give me a place to work at, instead of moving the tv tray outside all the time. LOL
CT/ID-7859
Lou3433
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3433

Post by Lou3433 »

DeafTrooper wrote:Well, I fixed the paint cracks. Had a bunch of paint that bled through the masking tape, so I guess I'll be sanding that down next. There were a couple of missed spots, so I'm going to go the easy route and use a brush to touch everything up. Are the ear portions supposed to be smoked gray like the teeth or are they black? I was looking at some reference picks and I keep seeing 2 different things. The ears and the thin strip around the helmet appear black to me.

Going to take a short break from the build. Promised the woman that I'd try and fix up this old table her mother gave us before they moved out of state. Will give me something to do while I'm on vacation next week. Plus the new table will give me a place to work at, instead of moving the tv tray outside all the time. LOL

On my 41st, I painted the ears and teeth the same color...smoke grey. Then the thin strip around the helmet is black. The fat strip on the back of the helmet is that light grey primer color...the same as the 41st elites stripes.
Lou Rodriquez
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Lou3433 wrote:The fat strip on the back of the helmet is that light grey primer color...the same as the 41st elites stripes.
light gray primer??? oh crap. i did it all smoke gray. oh well. looks just as good. just as long as it's approvable. don't want to get it all together and then find out i have to repaint it all. LOL
CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

Ive seen it both so I think you will be ok. :thumbs:
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Went out of state for the night and my oscs kit was waiting for me when I got back. Can't wait to start on it. But have to fix up the old table first, so that I have a place on our balcony to work on the kit. I always imagined it would be a lot thicker, like Evo3's helmets, haha.
CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

He actually has the thickest kit out there right now. In ABS anyways. Youll be happy with it. It is really nice to work with.