Modifications Needed for Vader Suit

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Darth Trash

Modifications Needed for Vader Suit

Post by Darth Trash »

Hello All,

I have always wanted to join the 501st for many years. I am 41 years old, 6'5" 245lbs and I love Darth Vader. A few years back I got the Deluxe Supreme Vader Suit From the Star Wars shop and I was wondering what do I need to change to make this 501st approved. Any help would be AWESOME!!!

Again thank you for any help you can offer!

Gary
Last edited by Darth Trash on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Re: Modifications Needed for Vader Suit

Post by Flash »

mparent makes accurate boxes but I will let all of the Vaders here help you out with whatever else you need. Welcome to the forums.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Gary,
First off WELCOME!!!!!

However, you may find that unless you REALLY know your stuff, the modifications that are needed to a Rubies Vader are a very daunting task to say the least.

My first suggestion would be to register at http://www.501stsithlords.com. This is the Sith Lord detachment and contains all things Vader related - INCLUDING a comprehensive list of the mods needed to a Rubies Vader to get it 501st approvable.
Sign on there and then read, read, read. If you find the mods too daunting a task, there is also info where you can get the parts needed to put together a 501st approvable Vader.

Best of luck!!
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

It is a LONGGGGGG list of mods needed to fix a rubies Vader. More then not, most people end up selling and starting over.

Many times when people would ask "What mods are needed" First step I have heard people say is put it back in the box and try to sell it.

Go to the link Lumpy posted. Your best bet it there. Good luck

Oh, ya also got the belt on upside down
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%