TK questions on the bucket

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 62946

TK questions on the bucket

Post by Mayhem75 »

Hello all:

I am building a RT-Mod TK currently. As I am coming to the end the excitement grows.

My question: Is it common to have very limited helmet movement? I have very little side to side and even less up and down.

I believe I ultimately need my neck to be about two inches longer, but I don't think I can fix that. lol

I have been thinking of enlarging the openning of the helmet a bit. The Helmet with my RT came assembled. I am thinking of removing the trim and cutting off about half an inch all the way around.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so what kind of things have been done.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Mike
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Re: TK questions on the bucket

Post by Terrell78 »

You have to put on TK helmets sideways and twist them straight after it's on your head. Also many troopers put padding in the tops of their helmets as well.
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mayhem75 »

I have no problem getting into the helmet but when it is on I have very little movement due to the chin of it hits right on to the chest plate.

I will see if a bit more padding in the top will help but the eyes line up perfectly now.

I was just wondering if I were to open the hole a little it might give me a little more clearence for more movement. I will wait to do that as a last resort.
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

I have very little movement in my bucket up and down. The fact of the matter is, that the TK limits mobility all over, not just in the helmet. Wait until you try and go up or down stairs... Most guys end up bending forward to see what is down below your line of vision..

Opening up the hole in the bottom MAY help, but what is hitting your chest plate is the most likely the round parts surrounding the mic tips, not the edge of the hole. Opening the hole won't fix that problem. Not sure what you mean when you say lack of movement from side to side. But see first paragraph... :D
mrcosmo
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 12421

Post by mrcosmo »

I agree. I don't have much movement either. I always feel my bucket hit my chest plate when I look down too much. I am getting more used to the feeling, the more I wear the armor.
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mayhem75 »

Hey All:

Thanks for all the advice!!!! I played around with the padding in the helmet and it seems better.

I took out the suit for a trial run. Still have to finish up the belt (drop boxes and holster) and tighten down the chest a bit to keep it from pushing the bucket up. Need to paint the ab buttons too.
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG (69.33 KiB) Viewed 7588 times
My neighbor took this as I was walked the street last night.

I also need to install a fan in the helmet I was fogging the view pretty good.

Getting close

Hope to submit for approval soon

Regards,

Mike
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946