Episode VII costumes

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Re: Episode VII costumes

Post by squadleader »

Husky wrote:When my TK is finished and they have a CRL, I will be building a Kylo Ren.
Nice :thumbs:
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

devilmaan
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 92912

Post by devilmaan »

My wife is interested in working on a phamsa also. Too many costumes and not enough money or time LOL

:blink:

Todd Murray TK92912, TD92912, SL92912
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

Soooo...

There has to be a CRL created for a new character before one can be approved? I was wondering how that would work.

Still put-sing around with my Rex Armor, hoping for an armor party.
(I hope that hint wasn't to/too/tutu subtle) :roll:
The Force is with me, and I am one with the Force

Old Rex - 99% (never be truely done)
Commando Rex - 75%
Anovos Classic TK - 66.59%
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

Proto wrote:Soooo...

There has to be a CRL created for a new character before one can be approved? I was wondering how that would work.
Not necessarily. Often times the person that does the new costume will work with the CRL team to help write the new CRL.
CT/ID-7859
smiles_hope
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4508

Post by smiles_hope »

So no shortages of Kylo Ren then. Hope there are enough FO troopers for them to troop with. We will have more Kylo Rens than Vaders.
Steve Miles
smiles_hope
TR4508
SL4508
DS4508
Majafu
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 90773

Post by Majafu »

smiles_hope wrote:So no shortages of Kylo Ren then. Hope there are enough FO troopers for them to troop with. We will have more Kylo Rens than Vaders.
Ive already decided as soon as I'm able I'm making a Flame Trooper.
Matthew Furtah TI-90773
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Majafu wrote:
smiles_hope wrote:So no shortages of Kylo Ren then. Hope there are enough FO troopers for them to troop with. We will have more Kylo Rens than Vaders.
Ive already decided as soon as I'm able I'm making a Flame Trooper.
Might want to finish your biker scout and royal guard first. :lol:
CT/ID-7859
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

smiles_hope wrote: We will have more Kylo Rens than Vaders.
Because Kylo Rens are much cheaper to make? :lol:
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

Mr Fett wrote:
Yes cheaper and you don't have to be 6' 6'' I might have to go that direction. Someday.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Mr Fett wrote:
But that costume won't be easy. Lots of different fabrics and textures.

I am interested to see how the CRL shakes out.
Husky
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52105

Post by Husky »

Mr Fett wrote:
From what I've been seeing, it's not going to be cheap (but that depends on the CRL). Ren wears a doublet under his outer robe that looks to be entirely pleated; arms, chest, skirt (if he becomes a Sith Lord he needs to take the name Darth Pleats).

Then there seems to be a third wool layer, that at first I thought was the lining of his outer robe. The boots have some detail on them, so much that a generic Jedi boot may not work.

The material for the outer robe was made for the movie and doesn't seem to be commercially available, unless you contact for a run.

Then his saber is between $180-$200. Hopefully the saber makers can reduce the cost.

Helmet seems to go between $250-$450.

Yeah, I've spent some time on this. But it should be cheaper than a Vader. But Ren is not a Sith, so I'm wondering what detachment will have his costume.
Kevin Johnson

Darthstorm
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 0191

Post by Darthstorm »

Now before anyone starts giving me a hard time. I'll be doing Capt.Phasma once the First Order armor is available. For those who say it's a female in that armor! Besides, Gwendolyn Christie was what?, 6'3". I'm 5'11" and 172#. It'll work. What about all the female TK's and TB's in the legion currently?!..;) Yeah, I'll be doing Capt.Phasma!! Can't afford it just yet as I recently ordered the ANOVOS Shadow Trooper Armor Kit. Waiting for that to arrive. However, it'll definitely be done. Researching build and chroming currently.
Last edited by Darthstorm on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendon J. Ewers
"Darthstorm"
TK/SL/CC0191
Great Lakes Garrison
501st Legion

"It's them...Blast-em"
"Execute Order-66. As you wish my Lord"
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

Darthstorm wrote:Now before anyone starts giving me a hard time. I'll be doing Capt.Phasma once the First Order armor is available. For those who say it's a female in that armor! What about all the female TK's and TB's in the legion currently?!..;) Yeah, I'll be doing Capt.Phasma!! Can't afford it just yet as I recently ordered the ANOVOS Shadow Trooper Armor Kit. Waiting for that to arrive. However, it'll definitely be done. Researching build and chroming currently.
Thats awesome! Nobody in this group will give you a hard time.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

There's differences between the Phasma armor and the normal TFA armor as well. She has extra foot plates, C-3P0 fingers and a totally different helmet.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Mr Fett wrote:There's differences between the Phasma armor and the normal TFA armor as well. She has extra foot plates, C-3P0 fingers and a totally different helmet.
Never realized that. Always thought it was all the same, just chromed.
CT/ID-7859
drbones2nd
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6844

Post by drbones2nd »

Darthstorm wrote:Now before anyone starts giving me a hard time. I'll be doing Capt.Phasma once the First Order armor is available. For those who say it's a female in that armor! Besides, Gwendolyn Christie was what?, 6'3". I'm 5'11" and 172#. It'll work. What about all the female TK's and TB's in the legion currently?!..;) Yeah, I'll be doing Capt.Phasma!! Can't afford it just yet as I recently ordered the ANOVOS Shadow Trooper Armor Kit. Waiting for that to arrive. However, it'll definitely be done. Researching build and chroming currently.
Hey, another costume us tall people can potentially wear :blink:
Darthstorm
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 0191

Post by Darthstorm »

DeafTrooper wrote:
Mr Fett wrote:There's differences between the Phasma armor and the normal TFA armor as well. She has extra foot plates, C-3P0 fingers and a totally different helmet.
Never realized that. Always thought it was all the same, just chromed.
I actually think that is totally cool of the "C-3PO fingers". should make for a very cool armor effect. I'm looking forward to learning it, building and wearing it. I am curious as to level of difficulty as it compares to the build I did for Clone Commander Deviss. Hmmm, interesting... Can't wait to start it.
Brendon J. Ewers
"Darthstorm"
TK/SL/CC0191
Great Lakes Garrison
501st Legion

"It's them...Blast-em"
"Execute Order-66. As you wish my Lord"
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Flash mentioned it took 70 hours of labor to assemble his TFA armor, and the helmet already came built. It'll be around the same labor time for Phasma, I imagine.....but then you have the chroming on top of the build time.
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

Mr Fett wrote:Flash mentioned it took 70 hours of labor to assemble his TFA armor, and the helmet already came built. It'll be around the same labor time for Phasma, I imagine.....but then you have the chroming on top of the build time.
70 hours and I am still making adjustments. Lets call it 72 :) Once I obtain some accurate boots I will be spending more time getting my spats to look better too. Right now the boot is too skinny and the spat is too wide. I just dont want to adjust them till I have the proper gear.

I'm sure ANOVOS is working on a Phasma to sell in the future.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
bobafettroxx29

Post by bobafettroxx29 »

I am currently putting a Phasma Suit together. Armor with Phasma add ons will be shipping to me shortly. I was hoping to have it ready for the premier but thats not looking feasible do to everything that must be done and $$ also.

I will have the armor here in two or three weeks in hand and will work on sizing it for me to make it fit nicely and doing all the final prep to it in order to hopefully get it approved before it goes off to getting Vacuum chroming process done to it. Just like they did for hers (Gwens).

I plan on working on everything thru the winter to have it done and hopefully approved as the weather breaks in late February or March. Just in time for comic cons and everything else.

I am looking for help from anyone on here that has done the regular storm tooper armor with the harness, undersuit, gaskets...all the extra stuff that I have no experience in. Any help locally would be really awesome, but phone call or email will also help out for certain.

Armor is by Jammiroquai (RPF) with Phasma add ons, Helmet also. Cape will be done by Wishmaster capes, blaster will be hopefully done by JJ Griffin (the RPF).

Total cost for entire build will be approx 3,000-3,500 total. For spending this amount, I definately would like it to be 501 approved.