Great Lakes Comic Con

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Cashew

Great Lakes Comic Con

Post by Cashew »

Well I enjoyed meeting several of you and attending the 501st Forum today at the Great Lakes Comic Con. Everyone was super nice, and costumes looked great. Had a great time with my son, roaming and people watching.

Special thanks to Mayhem for answering a bunch of armor questions,was very helpful as I make plans for a TK build in the next year. Lot's more reading to do on all the forums.

Wishing all a great rest of the weekend,
Cashew
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 62946

Re: Great Lakes Comic Con

Post by Mayhem75 »

Very nice to meet you today and Peanut

Good luck with your TK research and future build. I look forward to hearing and seeing your progress.

Remember take your time and HAVE FUN!
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

I'm looking forward to seeing your build. Good luck. :)
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Well it's not quite a year later, ordered my kit in March 2015 and got the email that my kit will be born next week. So keeping good thoughts and karma going so it all comes together. I'd say I've been patient but we know better, can't wait for box day to arrive.

Need to clean out a spot in the workshop, setup a separate work table so I can set things out and leave them while working on my TK. I've been busy playing in my workshop and getting some woodturning done. Many projects in progress, so will fit TK building in between them and go back and forth.

I don't have a set time frame for completion, just do it right. I've bought plenty of helmet electronics and pre built most of it, will have to find room to fit my noggin. Completed my 4 year stint as Scoutmaster, so been enjoying the extra time off since the summer. Will get more time, once my youngest Graduates and then off to college, Aug will come soon enough.

Did a Rubies E11 build for fun and on the cheap, while I waited for Droopy pipe parts to arrive. Figure once helmet is done, see if I'm ready for armor build are start on the Droopy E11. I do like to build and make things, so planning on making the belt, holster, neck seal. Plenty to keep busy.

Back to reading more builds on FISD, will have to volunteer as NCS for GLG so I can get all my show and tell questions answered. While pulling photos for graduation, noticed I had more TK photos from 2 previous Maker faires will end up printing them out and bring to events to see who there were, was my first live view of TK's so the bug started there.
Here to a busy year,
Cashew.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Yeah, FISD is the best reading for building TK's. Glad to hear you've already been doing that!
Johnny
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51502

Post by Johnny »

Welcome!
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 62946

Post by Mayhem75 »

Congrats Cashew!!!!

What TK kit did you end up ordering??

As everyone has stated FISD is a great source of building TK armor - I used that exclusively.

Feel free to ask questions here too.

Hope to see you at the Great Lakes Comic Con again this year - I will be part of the panel on Sat, so come by and say Hi :thumbs:
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Mayhem, I ordered ATA. I've been on FISD for the last year, between researching what I wanted, to how to make it, what add-ons, and all things 501st. Course now that I'm getting really close to taking possession of my parts I'm back on FISD almost daily to get my fix. :lol:

Trying to get my honey do list knocked down so I can spend lots of me time working on it. I'll have to grab the wife(Salty) and youngest son(Pistachio) and come visit at GLCC. My oldest son(Peanut) & I had a good time, the panel and the costume judging was fun.

Thankfully the wife is on board and excited for me, she's already picked out an event that she wants to personally $pon$or to see me visit. What more can I ask, other than I appreciate all the support here from my new family. Looking forward to making friends, smiles & plenty of memories.
Cashew