ANN ARBOR metro area TK armor party

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 76239

Re: ANN ARBOR metro area TK armor party

Post by ShermiesRule »

GingerSnap wrote:What costume are you working on and yes I have Leia and mara I haven't worn my jedi in awhile.
I am working on the Anovos TK. I have everything first cut. I need some help fitting and strapping. Here is my upper. Legs are done too but never fitted with boots
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 10749 times
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

Like my Facebook- Alan Tk-76239
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by ShermiesRule »

If it matters I am taking my mother to Toronto weekend of Aug 5. I have business in Chicago weekend of Aug 19
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

Looks good so far and we're shooting more towards the end of August.
mjrose927
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 12037

Post by mjrose927 »

Hello,

I have an FX kit that I have stopped and started over the years putting together, but have been trying to find good resources on how pieces should sit when worn. I want this to be year to complete it. I see a lot or posts about how to put together, but few on how pieces should sit when worn. I see posts people say to trim to feel comfortable, but I want to make sure have right amount of space between pieces so too much black does not show and staying proportionate.

So, I am wondering if these armor parties are open invites to anyone? I am looking for help on how to size so proportionate to me. Or can you point me to resource that details how to size length of leg pieces, and torso pieces?

Thanks,
Michael
MIchael Rose TK-12037 Great Lakes Garrison
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bft9ai ... sp=sharing

"I keep telling them that we're the good guys. Only the good guys wear white."
Mwaynick

Post by Mwaynick »

If this Armor Party is still happening I would like to join in as well, I'm new to building/modifying TK armor and it be great for me to get some experience.
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 12298

Post by Grimmy »

mjrose927 wrote:Hello,

I have an FX kit that I have stopped and started over the years putting together, but have been trying to find good resources on how pieces should sit when worn. I want this to be year to complete it. I see a lot or posts about how to put together, but few on how pieces should sit when worn. I see posts people say to trim to feel comfortable, but I want to make sure have right amount of space between pieces so too much black does not show and staying proportionate.

So, I am wondering if these armor parties are open invites to anyone? I am looking for help on how to size so proportionate to me. Or can you point me to resource that details how to size length of leg pieces, and torso pieces?

Thanks,
Michael
These are generally open to anyone to attend. I want to have a party at my place sometime but it won't be until (at least) late summer. Problem is, I'm not completely versed in sizing so we'd have to ask a professional to attend as well lol. If we're having one at my place, I'll have to cap it to 6 people.
Mwaynick

Post by Mwaynick »

Grimmy wrote:
mjrose927 wrote:Hello,

Thanks,
Michael
These are generally open to anyone to attend. I want to have a party at my place sometime but it won't be until (at least) late summer. Problem is, I'm not completely versed in sizing so we'd have to ask a professional to attend as well lol. If we're having one at my place, I'll have to cap it to 6 people.
Ok that sounds good, I already have a set of armor all it needs done is some resizing.
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by ShermiesRule »

Is this still happening at Gingersnap's new barn?
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

mjrose927
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 12037

Post by mjrose927 »

GingerSnap wrote:What day(s) of the week do people perfer to have an armor party and what time(s)? I'm trying to plan it to accommodate the most people.
I am a weekender as well.
MIchael Rose TK-12037 Great Lakes Garrison
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bft9ai ... sp=sharing

"I keep telling them that we're the good guys. Only the good guys wear white."