MJ Fabric Question

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Atreydies79

MJ Fabric Question

Post by Atreydies79 »

ok guys. I just happen to get on the flagship eclipse fourms and it appears that there is a source for a matte PVC 4 way stetch. Pam is redoing her MJ costume with the new matte. Here's my question. I have 4 way PVC shiney, should I wait to see what Pam thinks and what her's looks like or should I just do my costume with what I have now or what???????
"I just bought some wee baby turtles and no-one knows to feed them." - Dr. Beckett
Mara Jade - still collecting bits and pieces.
Winter - Need wig
Imperial Knight - Researching
Gator Fett
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 8875

Re: MJ Fabric Question

Post by Gator Fett »

I would follow Pam's lead, she knows that costume inside and out.

Personally, I don't like making changes / upgrades if I don't have to. I would wait to get the more accurate material and just make the jumpsuit once, rather than make it in a shiney PVC then end up making it again in matte some time in the future.
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

Gator's right. Pam is "the" expert on Mara Jade. It's much easier to do it right the first time than fix it down the road because you are in a hurry.
Atreydies79

Post by Atreydies79 »

I PMed Pam and asked if she'd started on a new jumpsuit with the new fabric and she hasn't. Is seems she has a few other costumes that need to be finished first. She did tell me that the details show up better on the shiney and not so well on the matte. So that it would really depend on how much I wantedthe details to show up, so i think I'm just gonna go a head with the shiney fabric I have, and hopefully get approved in time for Whitecaps.
"I just bought some wee baby turtles and no-one knows to feed them." - Dr. Beckett
Winter - Need wig
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

I don't know if the shiny will fly, Mara's suit was supposed to be leather.
Atreydies79

Post by Atreydies79 »

Pam was approved with the exact same shiny fabric that i have, at least to my knowledge.
Winter - Need wig