Hello

Introduce yourself here.
MavErick0012

Hello

Post by MavErick0012 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:14 am

Hi, I am Jarod Bush and I am 22 year old over the road truck driver and high functioning Autistic, I am a big Star Wars fan and I recently found out about the 501st legion earlier this last weekend while I was waiting to get unloaded at a stop. I live near Muskegon, Michigan when I’m not driving. Like most big Star Wars fans i wanted to be a stormtrooper and just didn’t know where or how to start then I watched Rogue one and wanted to be a Death trooper so I don’t really know what I want to build I am one of those fans that like the armies of clones during the clone wars and stormtroopers I really want to join the legion. Thanks for listening

DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Hello

Post by DeafTrooper » Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 am

Welcome. I usually give the following advice to new people. Good luck! :D

Read here first:  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Join_Us

Then sign up for the detachment of the character you want to do. The "detachments" are the character-specific web sites we have set up where you can find armor vendors and all the info on how to put it all together.  And stay FAR AWAY from Ebay, Amazon or any other web site that claims to make approvable armor.  Almost all are scams or sell complete junk.

You want to stay away from buying completed/ mass produced costumes.  Just about all, even the expensive officially licensed ones, are very inaccurate and very poor quality.  Or the company is a joke and has awful customer service.  Plus, hard armor is not "1 size fits all"  and you want to build your costume to fit your body type.  Often times our members will sell their old costumes they don't want anymore.  If you go that route and buy one, you want to make sure that the seller is close to your body type.  But even then, you might still have to make some modifications.

Also, keep in mind that this is an expensive hobby. Expect to pay anywhere from $300 to $5,000 USD, depending on the costume.)
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

MavErick0012

Post by MavErick0012 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:32 am

Thanks and I will keep that I mind I think I have decided on 3 or 4 finalist characters then I will bring that down to two then decide so death trooper, Patroltrooper, An Officer uniform (haven’t decided which one yet) and shoretrooper 4 finalists.

ShermiesRule
Garrison Public Relations Officer
Garrison Public Relations Officer
Legion ID: 76239

Post by ShermiesRule » Tue May 04, 2021 11:08 am

There are a lot of uniforms to choose. Depending on your level of craft skills, your patience and ability to source from multiple vendors, may affect your decision. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a single vendor that provides a 100% kit. You may need armor from one vendor, boots from another, soft gear from another and weapons or accessories from yet another.

Feel free to follow Deaftrooper's advice and read up before making any purchase commitment. If you have more questions feel free to come back here although we are a little slower.

Checkout our Facebook Page @greatlakesgarrison
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

Like my Facebook- Alan Tk-76239