Intro

Introduce yourself here.
RattleMcBones

Intro

Post by RattleMcBones » Thu May 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Howdy, my name is Dominic and I’m looking to hopefully join up with the 501st soon. I’ve been wanting to join ever since I saw you guys at the Makers Faire four years ago and now that I’m finally 18 and we’re on the tail end of covid, it seems like the time is right. I’ve never cosplayed before, but I know that local Garrisons have costume making parties and I’m certainly willing to learn. I’ve read through the costume databases and narrowed my choices down to a few options, and I’ll choose one depending on how practical it is. I’m very excited to finally make contact and hope to meet all of you in the near future.

Herulfr
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 99903

Re: Intro

Post by Herulfr » Thu May 13, 2021 7:14 pm

Welcome Dominic! Which costumes are you considering? Hope to be able to help you directly or point you in the right direction for help with your build.

RattleMcBones

Post by RattleMcBones » Thu May 13, 2021 8:43 pm

Herulfr wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:14 pm
Welcome Dominic! Which costumes are you considering? Hope to be able to help you directly or point you in the right direction for help with your build.
Thanks! I’ve read through pretty much the whole costume database over the years and narrowed it down to these: Imperial Death Trooper, Snowtrooper, Captain Rex (phase 1), Gideon Hask, Shoretrooper, Kashyyyk Trooper, and Hondo Ohnaka. I’ve found the relevant detachments for all of these, but it is my understanding that these detachments don’t really host events because they aren’t garrison specific. I’ll take any help I can get tho.

DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper » Thu May 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Welcome! Unfortunately, there aren't too many armor parties these days. Your best bet would be to pick the costume you want to do and do a massive amount of reading/research on the detachment forums. Just about everything you need to learn can be found on the forums.
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

RattleMcBones

Post by RattleMcBones » Thu May 13, 2021 11:22 pm

DeafTrooper wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:15 pm
Welcome! Unfortunately, there aren't too many armor parties these days. Your best bet would be to pick the costume you want to do and do a massive amount of reading/research on the detachment forums. Just about everything you need to learn can be found on the forums.
Thanks, I appreciate the advice