New to The Forum

Introduce yourself here.
Jeff Johnson

New to The Forum

Post by Jeff Johnson »

Hi, Everyone! I’m Jeff from Niles,MI…right on the Indiana border. I’ve decided to finally pursue a dream of cosplaying as a classic Stormtrooper. I don’t have skills or even know where to start to build my own armor, so I’ll be looking for buying a complete set or armor. My ultimate goal is that the armor is high enough quality to be accepted into the 501st and I can participate in events. I’m hoping to have it complete before ICCC in Nashville next spring. I’ve been researching complete armor kits from online vendors, but does anyone in the group happen to build armor kits? I’d rather give my money to someone here than anywhere else!

I also collect a lot of vintage and some modern Star Wars figures/vehicles. My focus the last few years is getting the first 78 figures MOC on their debut cardfront’s. I’m 68 down and 10 to go.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I appreciate direction anyone can point me to. Thanks!
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: New to The Forum

Post by DeafTrooper »

Honestly, none of us had skills when we first started out. We learned as we went along. It’s also better to build it yourself, as it needs to be fitted to your body type. Head to the forums at whitearmor.net. You can learn everything about building it there.
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!
Jeff Johnson

Post by Jeff Johnson »

I will check out whitearmor.net...thank for the heads up. I'm handy, so I'm not against building my own armor. Definitely something I will consider.

DeafTrooper wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:23 am Honestly, none of us had skills when we first started out. We learned as we went along. It’s also better to build it yourself, as it needs to be fitted to your body type. Head to the forums at whitearmor.net. You can learn everything about building it there.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Yes, what DeafTrooper said. On that Stormtrooper builders forum, there's tutorials from the previous people who have built Stormtrooper armor, so can follow what others have done when you get stuck on something. It's a nice reference to have!
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

Hopefully next year we'll be able to have some armor parties again so that people can get together and work on their armor. We hope to see you soon!