01/30/16 - MWG 7th Annual Formal Banquet

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Whinter Fenlynn
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 3127

01/30/16 - MWG 7th Annual Formal Banquet

Post by Whinter Fenlynn »

MWG Page Link for 7th Annual Formal Information:
http://www.midwestgarrison.com/forum/vi ... .php?f=194

WHEN: Saturday, January 30, 2016
TIME: 5:00pm – Midnight (DINNER IS BEING SERVED AT 6:30.)
WHERE: Embassy Suites
1939 North Meacham Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173
http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hot ... index.html

There will be music and dancing again for the folks who can dance starting at 9:00 PM

Once again, the hotel staff was very appreciative of how clean we left everything for them last year, so they are allowing us to have our “After Party” in the banquet rooms again from Midnight – 3:00 AM (including allowing us to have food/drink). Hooray!!!

Keeping the rooms available after midnight isn’t something that they allow often, so we really need to ensure we leave it nice and clean for them again. Thanks everyone!

GUEST ROOMS:
BOOK YOUR ROOM RESERVATION HERE!: http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/g ... .mc_id=POG

Price of Rooms include:
- FREE Breakfast Buffet Sunday morning from 7:00-10:30 AM
- Complimentary drinks & snacks 5:30-7:30PM (hotel lounge only) – Don’t fill up on this! Dinner begins at 6:30 pm again this year!

Please remember that the price of your meal doesn't include just the price of your food. It covers things like the venue, awards, take home goodies, etc...
As most of you know, this year we will be doing something different with the commemorative take home glass. We will be doing Tervis tumblers with a custom one time only formal patch that will be inside the tumbler. These Tervis tumblers are guaranteed for life. These Tervis tumblers will add an extra $8.50 to your meal cost. I will only be getting a limited amount of these tumblers so if you would like to order any extra please let me know no later than December 15th.

Now, to the dinner plate choices and their costs…. Yes, unfortunately the prices did go up a bit but this year they will be preparing the food on the day of the event. They have brought back a master chef to prepare all their event dinners. They guarantee their food tastes better than ever.

DINNER PLATE CHOICES (This determines what your Banquet Ticket cost will be):
All Entrees include a Salad, Potatoes and Vegetable, Rolls and Butter, Dessert and choice of Freshly Brewed Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Assorted Hot Teas and Iced Tea.

DAGOBAH SALAD: WILD FIELD GREENS, SUNDRIED BING CHERRIES, YELLOW GRAPE TOMATOES, SLIVERED TOASTED ALMONDS
JULLEN JICCAMA, AND DRESSES WITH A GREEN GODDESS DRESSING

STARCH: PADME' POTATOES (DUTCHESS POTATO)

THE REPUBLIC CHICKEN: A FRENCHED AIRLINE BREAST OF CHICKEN STUFFED WITH A WILD MUSHROOM DUXELL AND SERVED WITH A WILD TARRAGON VIN BLANC SAUCE. $77.50
ENDOR VEGETABLES: GRILLED VEGETABLES AND BOURSIN CHEESE WITH FRESH HERBS. $64.50
PALPATINE PRIME DELMOICO STEAK: A BONE IN FRENCHED PRIME DELMONICO STEAK FIRE ROASTED AND SERVED WITH A STONE GROUND MUSTARD DEMI GLAZE. $84.50
SALMON CALRISSIAN: NORTH ATLANTIC SALMON PINWHEELED WITH JUMBO LUMP CRAB MEAT AND SERVED WITH A ROASTED RED PEPPER COULIS. $78.75

DESSERT- THE FORCE BE WITH YOU CHOCOLATE MOUSSE: WHITE CHOCOLATE AND DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TOPPED WITH A CASHEW PRALINE AND LIGHT SABER GARNISH

HOW TO PAY:
Please send your payments to Neil Auer (TK3446) via PayPal at: neil.auer@sbcglobal.net

IMPORTANT! Please choose the “I’M SENDING MONEY TO FAMILY OR FRIENDS” option when sending in your payment so that there will not be any extra costs.

If you do NOT have a PayPal account, please PM or email me (Neil Auer) for my address so you can send payment via Check.

BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WITH PAYMENTS!:
- Name(s) of you and your guest (please provide full names)
- Your 501st ID# (if applicable)
- Which entrée(s) are you choosing? (Chicken, Vegetarian, Beef or Fish)
- Please note which guest is having what meal. (this is so I can prepare the placecards appropriately)
IMPORTANT! Please note any food allergies so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs. We want you to enjoy yourself!

ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE BANQUET MUST BE IN BY, JANUARY 16, 2016 at NOON!!!
(Please contact Neil "TK3446" Auer via PM or email if you have any questions)

There will also be a CASH BAR for the evening

Absolutely NO outside drinks are allowed in the banquet room during the formal!!! This rule will be strictly enforced this year!!!
I will be posting the names of everyone that I have received payment from, as well as which dinner choice was selected, below. Please make sure that you contact me if you do not see your name on it once you have sent me your payment, or if I have the wrong dinner choice listed!!

I REALLY HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US!!! IT’S GOING TO BE ANOTHER FANTASTIC PARTY!!
Cheryl "Whinter" Whitaker
MIdwest Garrison