Writing a paper, request for information.

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Writing a paper, request for information.

Post by Skykat »

I'm graduating with my Bachelor's Degree in May, and I put off taking my English course as long as I could and it's come to the point that I have to start writing papers. :blink:

My first assignment is to write an informative paper, informing people about an organization or group that I am involved in. While I'm not officially a member, yet. I do want to inform people about the 501st, the Rebel Legion, MandoMercs, and Dark Empire and all the good that they do and the charities they contribute to.

Since the 501st and Rebel Legion are not 501(c) Non-profits, but instead raise money for charities at their events and do all of their work on a volunteer basis and do not charge fees; there are not any accounting documents that I could reference for money raised. I would like to be able to have accurate up to date information on the amount of money raised and specific charities that it is done for. I've searched through some articles about the 501st, and gotten information about the 501st and their charities from the 501st.com website. It had the total accumulated for charities in 2013, and I was curious if there is any information that is more up to date. I was also wondering if the 501st counts the amount raised for all the groups, or just the 501st. I ask this because the Rebel Legion page did not have a number that I could find and a lot of times the groups will work together and do events together, though not all the time.

Mostly I'm looking for any additional links that may be available that I could not find on my own, and thought I would reach out here. If the post is inappropriate admins please go ahead and remove it and I apologize for any inconvenience.
Muppet-Trooper
Garrison Charity Rep
Garrison Charity Rep
Legion ID: 6778

Re: Writing a paper, request for information.

Post by Muppet-Trooper »

I will be announcing this week the total raised for charity by the Great Lakes Garrison for 2015.

This information is fed to the 501st who calculate the total raised. The 501st only keeps track of 501st events. I am led to believe the Rebel Legion have their own tracking system. I am not sure about other groups.

The information is broken down into direct donations (ie where we are the main reason for the event or someone has made a donation for our appearance) and indirect donations (eg, Charity walks where we are not the sole reason for the event).

Also, there are events were there are no money donations, but may be a goods donation, ie Toys for Tots, can drives, etc.

In the meantime, here’s the figures for the money raised by the Great Lakes Garrison for 2014.

GLG TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED FOR CHARITY (DIRECT AND INDIRECT DONATIONS) $237592.39
Direct $21,288.50
Indirect $216,303.89

Here’s the link to the GLG charity history:

http://www.greatlakesgarrison.com/forum ... 43#p142043

Here’s the link to the 501st charity Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/501stCharity

This is the old website where 501st charitable donations were tracked (but this is now obsolete), but is useful showing globally events attended.

http://www.501stlegioncharity.com
Derek Lane-Waters
“Muppet-Trooper”
TK/TS/TD/DZ/IC/ID/TI6778
GLG & GLB Charity Rep
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Re: Writing a paper, request for information.

Post by Skykat »

Thank you SO much for the info. This gives me links that I can reference in my paper and lots of information to put in my paper ^_^