Costuming question

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Jaareth
Rebel Legion Member
Rebel Legion Member

Costuming question

Post by Jaareth »

Hi all! long time no see, im still alive out here...i just dont troop anymore. Full time lowes+middle of nowhere made it hard to get places. Anyway i had a question, i have an online friend interested in joining the 501st and he wants to do an imperial officer. Sadly he has no clue where to start, and he needs a pattern for it so he can put the various pieces together.

Do you all have some resource link i can refer him to?

Thanks
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Costuming question

Post by DeafTrooper »

They can just buy the costume. Have your friend register for the forums at imperialofficer.com. Cosplaysky has the most inexpensive costumes, but there is A LOT to read up on before ordering from them. Even if you send in custom measurements, they tend to mess things up. And the hat and belt they sell are trash.
CT/ID-7859
The Snake
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 87666

Post by The Snake »

Check out the Imperial Officer Cosplay Group on Facebook.
Dirty Rotten Imperial Punk | TK-87666
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Post by stasz »

Jaareth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:14 pm Hi all! long time no see, im still alive out here...i just dont troop anymore. Full time lowes+middle of nowhere made it hard to get places. Anyway i had a question, i have an online friend interested in joining the 501st and he wants to do an imperial officer. Sadly he has no clue where to start, and he needs a pattern for it so he can put the various pieces together.

Do you all have some resource link i can refer him to?

Thanks
Whether they are keen on making their own costume or buying something "ready to wear" (as dubious as that term can be in costuming), the BEST resource if they are interested in joining the 501st is going to be the Imperial Officer Corp detachment forum, here:
https://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/

One other thing to consider is that there are many officer variants. You can see the versions currently approved for membership and their requirements here:
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:IOC_CRL

Also have them sign up on their local Garrison forum to connect with area members and get on contact with their GML.
[image redacted by Resistance forces]