Star Wars: The Force Awakens Captain Phasma design and build

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Captain Phasma design and build

Post by Mr Fett »

Proto wrote:I admit that I do not know a lot about that kit. does it come pre-assembled & pre-chromed? if not you have to add the price of chroming on top of those prices

Not trying to discourage, just to enlighten.
Comes as a kit. Not assembled. You cannot chrome a Phasma until you do the bondo and sanding of the seams which need it (like on the normal TFA trooper suits or Clonetroopers). After that is filled and sanded glass smooth, only then can chroming be done.
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

Stay away from Starfortress. They have had a bad reputation for longer than I have been a member. I'm also pretty sure that was the vendor that had child molestation charges or something of that sort against them. I'm sure someone still has a link to that news story somewhere. I think you can find it if you search "Starfortress" on the FISD.
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

...I have no words... Well thanks guys. Oh and Proto grants on the reble legion.
When I'm through with that Jedi, he's gonna need a Medic
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

2 hours later (and a trip to the FBI website) I found all I need to basically not be afraid to hold a blaster to that guy's head! But thanks everyone for the warning. Really THANKS!!! Did research also on who to buy from and this "Jim" guy from FISD sounds good
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

SCORE!!!!! Found one! But I want to make sure this guy is not StarFortress Affiliated. Guy named Jim. He was on the RFP and FISD. The link to the set is here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t= ... immiroquai What you guys think? Worth it? Because it is the cheepest kit I have found so far. Let me know what you think before I save the money up.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

Just an FYI, when searching through web sites, Starfortress also sells under the names "Warp Costume Gallery" and "Thor's Hobbies and Costumes".
CT/ID-7859
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Thanks for the tip. But Is this guy good? I want to make sure before I buy
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

-You responded to a thread about TFA armor yesterday in the welcome section from the guy from Lansing. That was jimmiroquai’s armor from the Philippines being discussed. Didn’t you read the whole thread about that armor before you replied to it?

-The RPF is the single largest costume and prop forum on the entire internet. Do you really think they would allow Star Fortress people to sell costume runs on their board? They (as well as the 501st) all know about Star Fortress.

-Did you read the sale thread you linked to us? Jimmiroquai mentioned the armor was sized to a minimum height of 5’6”. I hope you’re handy with a Dremel rotary tool to cut some of the parts down to fit you.

-You yourself mentioned the primary thing you need to do right now is just save money, period. By the time you have saved up enough money, there maybe could be multiple other sculptors who have made Phasma sets as well for you to decide on, when that time comes.

.......Besides, by the time you’re old enough to become a member, there’s gonna be like 3 more Star Wars movies hit the theaters by then, and you may find something else you like better. For now, just save money. Don’t decide on anything until you have funds to purchase.