Tie Pilot Seeking feedback

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Kram
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 18200

Tie Pilot Seeking feedback

Post by Kram »

Hello fellow costume enthusiasts, I could use your help and advice. After taking a hiatus on my build. I finally have time to work on it again. So,I could use some feedback. I currently have all the pieces just making some minor tweaks and fixing some damage that occurred during storage. I could use any help or suggestions, as I feel that I am very close. Where I could really use the help is in the flight-suit.

https://imgur.com/a/kVBlAKc
Mark Steeby TI-18200

"We're a family. Family does for family."
―Soontir Fel
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Re: Tie Pilot Seeking feedback

Post by Ripcode »

The GML will be responding soon.
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Post by stasz »

Hi Kram,

I just took a look at your imgur gallery. From what I can see here, the armor, chest box, belt, com pad, and boots look good. Didn't see a picture of the gloves.

I would recommend using something like ArmorAll on the hoses to get rid of the "chalkiness" or even switch to a rubber gas mask hose. The hoses you have are approvable, but the rubber hoses allow for a greater range of motion and have less of a tendency to lift the helmet up off the back of your head since they are less stiff.

The helmet looks decent, though I'm a bit concerned about the softness of the chin detail, sometimes called a "vocorder". It typically has several raised vertical ribs ruining across it's width. Could just be the picture, but I'm curious the maker of this helmet.

The flight suit. As is, it would not be approvable. The zippered arm pocket and zippered chest pockets are incorrect, the collar is incorrect. It looks like the chest/hip/thigh pockets are all absent also. I've attached a diagram of the pocket layout below. It *may* be possible to modify this suit, but depending on your ability/access to a sewing machine and finding an exact match to the existing suit material, you may be further ahead to buy a new flight suit from a vetted vendor, or scratch build a new one (mine is made from two pairs of RedKap (similar to Dickies) coveralls. I used one pair to cut up for pockets so the material would match.

Whichever route you take, you'll want to study the CRL which can be found here: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cos ... _Pilot_ANH

If you decide to look for a new "off the rack" suit or try your hand at making one, there are great resources at https://www.jrs501st.com/forums/

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me here or at trooper60609@gmail.com
I'm happy to help!
8327647634_9cd74f67bf.jpg
8327647634_9cd74f67bf.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 13858 times
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
Kram
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Kram »

Will do, I also was concerned about the camcorder, I sent a few pictures off to one member of the JRS that is mentoring cadets and I got the thumbs up.from her. I'll get some better pictures when the weather cooperates, as I don't have a good spot inside to take pictures. Also I'll send you and email with more details about the parts.
Mark Steeby TI-18200

―Soontir Fel
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 76239

Post by ShermiesRule »

The collar picture of the flightsuit says XL on the hanger. Not sure if the flightsuit is also XL. If you are interested I have an XL brand new except for a test fit from Cosplay Sky. It is too large for me at 5’8” 185lbs. I’m guessing you need to be over 6ft for a good fit.

Cosplay Sky is one of the more popular flight suits and I can send pics. We can discuss price offline but it will be a deal.
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

Like my Facebook- Alan Tk-76239
Kram
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Kram »

ShermiesRule wrote:The collar picture of the flightsuit says XL on the hanger. Not sure if the flightsuit is also XL. If you are interested I have an XL brand new except for a test fit from Cosplay Sky. It is too large for me at 5’8” 185lbs. I’m guessing you need to be over 6ft for a good fit.

Cosplay Sky is one of the more popular flight suits and I can send pics. We can discuss price offline but it will be a deal.
I'll consider it I was also looking at getting a custom tailored one, either from custom props or Pilot Bay. As I am only 5'9" and on the bigger side. I feel that a tailored suit would be more comfortable for myself.
Mark Steeby TI-18200

―Soontir Fel
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 76239

Post by ShermiesRule »

5'9" isn't going to work. The pant legs would cover your feet like a onesie and the crotch will be halfway to your knees
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

Like my Facebook- Alan Tk-76239
Kram
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Kram »

Well, it's been awhile but I have made a lot of progress since my last post. I have the full costume assembled and only need to make some minor adjustments. Below are some pictures. In know it is not the best lighting but I wanted to get some shots in before nightfall and before the bad weather this week.

Image Image

Image Image
Mark Steeby TI-18200

―Soontir Fel
The Snake
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 87666

Post by The Snake »

Kram wrote:Well, it's been awhile but I have made a lot of progress since my last post. I have the full costume assembled and only need to make some minor adjustments. Below are some pictures. In know it is not the best lighting but I wanted to get some shots in before nightfall and before the bad weather this week.

Image Image

Image Image
Looks good to me! But I'm no TIE expert. Have you posted your pics in the JRS group on Facebook?
Dirty Rotten Imperial Punk | TK-87666
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Post by stasz »

Kram,

At a glance, this costume looks good!
Please send the following pictures to the GML Team at these addresses:
trooper60609@gmail.com and chillywill22210@gmail.com

Head to toe
Front
Back
Left
Right
Helmet off
Action pose

Please be sure to include a helmet off picture.
We will have a look and be back in touch with you asap!
[image redacted by Resistance forces]