Mike's Vader Build Thread - APPROVED - SL4014!

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Yoda Jenkins
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 4014

Re: Mike's Vader Build Thread

Post by Yoda Jenkins »

As long as you don't point and laugh... :D

You guys might be right about the shoulders. When we painted them, Wags and I debated over the color and decided to go with the lighter one (I still like it better). I'm sure someone will be able to set me straight this weekend at MCCC.

True, this will be my first time all suited up. I think I've got all the padding, velcro, etc. all set up right, but I bet everyone thinks the same thing their first time out! :D

I've only got one fan installed for cooling at this point. I know I'm going to sweat like a pig! I'll be sure to consume some fluid later Sat. night to account for it! :bar:
Y.J.
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Re: Mike's Vader Build Thread

Post by Wags »

Ok, so we made Mikes cape bigger. Or, acutally wider, so it lays over the shoulders better and put on a more accurate leather colar last night. I dont have any pics yet, but I will soon.

For some reason, the soft flannel sheet that we wrapped up everything, including the fiberglass armor, stuck to it and Mike had to wet sand everyghing down so we could rewax it. I dont know why it happened. It didnt get hot, cause my garage is air conditioned. BUT, we will get it fixed.

A few more simple things to get done and we will resubmit him.