ANOVOS TK thread

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Re: ANOVOS TK thread

Post by Flash »

I just received a Fedex shipping notice. It left Wisconsin yesterday and it's currently in CA. lol
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

It doesn't come from Wisconsin, it comes in from China. Kenosha, WI is just the company address for Anovos because that's where Dana lives.
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

Flash wrote:I just received a Fedex shipping notice. It left Wisconsin yesterday and it's currently in CA. lol
O happy day... considering that I ordered my armor about 2 or 3 days after you. I "Should" be seeing a notice soon. (not holding my breath, though)

on a different note, I sent Anovos a little request. To see if I could get a certain package by Feb 19. The Gift of Armor would make a nice Birthday.
The Force is with me, and I am one with the Force

Old Rex - 99% (never be truely done)
Commando Rex - 75%
Anovos Classic TK - 66.59%
Husky
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52105

Post by Husky »

I just want to say to all of you who are receiving or have received your armor (especially those of you who ordered after 4/21/15):

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is all. Have a great day.
Kevin Johnson

DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

Husky wrote:I just want to say to all of you who are receiving or have received your armor (especially those of you who ordered after 4/21/15):

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is all. Have a great day.
CT/ID-7859
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

Flash wrote:I just received a Fedex shipping notice. It left Wisconsin yesterday and it's currently in CA. lol
When did FedEx say it was going to be delivered?

FedEx said (Delivery Manager) I should of received my this past Saturday. Which is weird considering that the package just left Cali on Friday.

Commando Rex - 75%
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

How do I put this...

It's Here! It's Here! It's Here! It's Here! It's Here!
:thewave:

Commando Rex - 75%
devilmaan
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 92912

Post by devilmaan »

Lucky!

Todd Murray TK92912, TD92912, SL92912
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Hey Proto what set did you order?
When I'm through with that Jedi, he's gonna need a Medic
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

Mine should be here Saturday.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

ANOVOS sells three TK: Snowtrooper, ShadowTrooper, and StormTrooper
When I'm through with that Jedi, he's gonna need a Medic
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Phantom Medic wrote:ANOVOS sells three TK: Snowtrooper, ShadowTrooper, and StormTrooper
Incorrect. Anovos sells one original trilogy TK (being talked about in this thread) and one episode 7 TK.

A Snowtrooper and Shadowtrooper are not TK's, as far as 501st lingo goes.
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 46809

Post by Leprechaun »

I'm also going to be new to the troop and expecting mine soon too. I am also ready to be added to the list of anyone putting together a build party. I would if I had the room. I am a complete Novice living in Jenison, although I have done NCS already.
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

OK, who on the west side is getting one? Midstate? Eastside?
Andy?
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

squadleader wrote:OK, who on the west side is getting one? Midstate? Eastside?
Andy?
West side non-members JAYSONCOMGUY and RADARC posted on page 1 of this thread they're getting one and would like to armor party with people out there. BaldLeprechaun just posted he's from your area as well. Unsure if anyone else in the Grand Rapids area ordered one. Around Lansing, Both Anna and Amanda are getting them.
Rentailor
Legion ID: 40102

Post by Rentailor »

Armor Party!!!
I would like to host an armor party in Clawson at my tailor shop. When would be a good day and date(s) I can't do Saturday nights, but can do wed, thurs fri, and sat. I'm at 259 E. 14 Mile between Rochester and Livernois.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Good for the metro Detroit area people getting these sets!

I suggest multiple armor parties, used like a big construction line.....one day everyone does arms only, the next day everyone does legs only, the next day everyone does torsos only, etc. Makes the time efficient with a group instead of everyone just working on their own random parts.
Rentailor
Legion ID: 40102

Post by Rentailor »

I figured we would have to do a few. Good idea Mr. Fett, we will have to set up schedule of which parts are when. Any help from experienced troopers would be GREATLY appreciated.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

When doing multiples of the same costume like this, it makes sense to create a schedule like that. Otherwise everyone would just sit and pick random stuff to do on their own suit. If specific sections of the body are split up like I suggested, people would all have the drive to finish that project at that armor party, all together with the others doing the exact same thing.

Example: I have been to armor parties where the social hang out aspect overtook the actual working on armor section and everyone just got a little bit of work done. I have also been to other armor parties where we worked 8-10 hours of solid work, just stopping to get food. The drive of the second one was solid, and what should happen. Both styles are ok for what they are.......but, figured in an assembly line type of thing with multiple suits of the same Anovos TK being built, everyone can crank out solid work if splitting up the bodies into specific days. Makes sense to do it this way. Do it like an assembly line job, not just as a hang out.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Luckily the helmets and belts come assembled (but the top 2 chicago screws will need to be removed from the holster connection to the canvas belt , and the holes either covered from inside with white cloth to hide the holes…or sew them shut…or just leave them for “weathering”).

While there will be odds and ends, like the thermal detonator assembly that can be done whenever, or painting the ab plate buttons with the correct colors, here’s a basic layout off the top of my head to follow:

Arms day :

-Cut out all armor from molds, and sand edges.
-Assemble biceps and forearms with cover strips, inside and out.
-Glue elastic straps to handplates.
-Create strapping between forearms, biceps, shoulder bells, and around the bottom of the shoulder bell across the finished biceps……mess with making shoulder bell to torso strapping on torso day.

Legs day:

-Assemble thighs and shins with cover strips, inside and out.
-Attach boxes to bottom of assembled right thigh with split rivets.
-If choosing a Velcro back closure for shins, attach that.
-Glue and clamp left knee to shin in proper position.
-Create garter belt system: waist belt under ab armor, glue straps to inside thigh plates to attach to belt. This is in place of the Anovos directions where they are attaching the thighs right to the ab plate. Most TK’s use a garter belt system instead these days.

Torso day. This is a big day and will take a full day morning to night likely to do, not just a few hour armor party, because it’s about fine tuning how everything sits on the body of each person individually, and this day is a lot of work:

-Glue 2 button boxes to ab plate.
-Glue front of shoulder bridge straps to outside of chestplate, and small elastic straps around opposite top sides of upper back plate (to tuck the shoulder bridges into when fully assembled to troop).
-Attach groin strapping between codpiece (split rivet) and butt plate (snaps).
-Strap everything: upper back to lower back to butt plate, chest plate to ab plate (if doing a screen accurate method). Left side ab to lower back plates connected with 3 elastic straps and evenly spaced split rivets; right side connected with snap on ab plate and opposite elastic strap glued to inside lower back plate. Create soft shoulder straps for chest to upper back attachment, and then shoulder bell strapping onto that. Once this is done, line up where to attach 2 snaps for the canvas belt to ab plate attachment while the person is wearing the upper body armor. Install snaps into ab plate.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/ ... 3693831912

Anovos instructions say velcro all this strapping to the torso plates, but most guys will either use a snap system or elastic straight glued to the armor (lower back to buttplate, or the one around the bottom of the shoulder bell for example). More secure. Same thing with the hand plates, they're saying velcro a patch to an elastic band and velcro the hand plate on. No. Glue it. The less velcro you can use, the better.

Except for the helmets having stickers (making them level 2 E.I.B. for the 501st), the Anovos instructions are practically set up for level 3 Centurion building. Which is great..... :mrgreen:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost ... _anh_stunt