Cases for Armor transport/storage

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
TevezFett19
GLG Member
GLG Member

Cases for Armor transport/storage

Post by TevezFett19 »

Hi all. I'm looking to upgrade my armor storage and was wondering what everyone recommends in regards to brand, type and size. I'm storing my ROTJ Fett and want something relatively easy to transport while having ample room for everything and able to handle all of the bumps of travel.
Thanks everybody
Dylan
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 12298

Re: Cases for Armor transport/storage

Post by Grimmy »

I’m able to put my snowtrooper costume fully in this and room for my officer and Han Solo costume in this bin. Largest I’ve seen. Wait until they go on sale ;)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Toug ... /205502769

My wife has a ROTJ Boba, stores her’s in this one. This is also a very popular bin for the Legion and armor heavy costumes. Lots of space for padding and secure storage.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in ... /203668066
TevezFett19
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by TevezFett19 »

Thanks for the tips. 50 gal has been about the size I'm looking at. Good to hear her Fett fits in there nicely. Helmet included? I've been looking at helmet bags in addition to a case.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

TevezFett19 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:34 pm Thanks for the tips. 50 gal has been about the size I'm looking at. Good to hear her Fett fits in there nicely. Helmet included? I've been looking at helmet bags in addition to a case.
The Dewalt linked above is 63 gallons. Probably better to get that one.
CT/ID-7859
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

TevezFett19 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:34 pm Thanks for the tips. 50 gal has been about the size I'm looking at. Good to hear her Fett fits in there nicely. Helmet included? I've been looking at helmet bags in addition to a case.
Yeah, she fits everything into the same tote.
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 76239

Post by ShermiesRule »

The limiting factor is your vehicle. I have heard many stories of people who cannot fit their large totes into the backseat or trunk of a passenger car.

I have no problem storing a Stormtrooper with helmet and a bunch of accessories inside the 50g Husky. You will learn how to pack your stuff pretty quick
Last edited by ShermiesRule on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

Like my Facebook- Alan Tk-76239
Stellar Corona
Great Lakes Base CO
Great Lakes Base CO

Post by Stellar Corona »

ShermiesRule wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 am The limiting factor is your vehicle. I have heard many stories of people who cannot fit their large totes into the backseat or truck of a passenger car.

I have no problem storing a Stormtrooper with helmet and a bunch of accessories inside the 50g Husky. You will learn how to pack your stuff pretty quick
This. I can't fit the 50 Gal in my trunk and it weighs too much with costumes to lift it into my back seat. So instead I use the 25 Gal and the 15 Gal, which slide into my trunk side by side, no problem.
Sabine Wren S2 - Dual Approved
Sabine Wren Epilogue - Dual Approved
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Torra Doza
Jedi Knight
Junos

Post by Junos »

I don't mean to take-over the thread;

While this is a bit off-topic, its a bit still related. For air travel, would you use these same 50 gal storage totes?
Stellar Corona
Great Lakes Base CO
Great Lakes Base CO

Post by Stellar Corona »

I think you can but the definitely qualify as oversized luggage. I also don't know how well the hinges hold up to being tossed around an airport and you'd probably need to get that special packing foam with the fancy cut outs.
Sabine Wren S2 - Dual Approved
Sabine Wren Epilogue - Dual Approved
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Torra Doza
Jedi Knight