Hello from a soon-to-be Ann Arbor resident!

Introduce yourself here.
MagicMissile27

Hello from a soon-to-be Ann Arbor resident!

Post by MagicMissile27 »

Hi all,
I'm moving to Ann Arbor this summer, and have been interested in getting into Star Wars costuming for some time. I've done smaller various costumes for things like Renaissance Fair, comic-cons, and Halloween parties, but I'm thinking it's time to start slowly working towards a full costume and volunteering with the 501st. I was wondering if there are any folks on here from the vicinity of Ann Arbor? I'm interested in building a TK/ANH Stormtrooper costume but I'm still trying to figure out budgeting, what I should buy first, and who to buy from, so I figured talking to someone local once I get settled in my new place would be a good start.

Thanks all!
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Hello from a soon-to-be Ann Arbor resident!

Post by Mr Fett »

Hello! Yeah, we have some members around the Ann Arbor area, but to start your research, everything possible you'd ever want to know about how to build a 501st level Stormtrooper can be found here, including which armor kit vendors are good ones and so forth:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
MagicMissile27

Post by MagicMissile27 »

Ok, yeah, I'll definitely make an account there too. I'm really impressed with how many guides and build threads there are on the FISD forum! That's one of the main reasons I decided to go with a TK armor, because there are a lot of documented successful builds I can hopefully use as guidance.

Thanks!
Phaeton
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 19836

Post by Phaeton »

Hi,
Andy already gave you info about a TK build, so I will just say hi and welcome to Ann Arbor! Happy to help if you have any AA questions.

Todd
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 11105

Post by Brewski »

Also in the A2 area and able to answer any questions you might have. TK armor is fun and fairly easy to build.
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage