REMOVED - Officer Riding Boots

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
GonkDriver
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 80790

REMOVED - Officer Riding Boots

Post by GonkDriver »

NOT FOR SALE ANY LONGER
I purchased a pair of size 10R (regular foot) PVC boots. These are black rubber with a fabric liner. Would work for officer or maybe smuggler boot. Bad news for me is that I cannot get my foot into them. I wear a size 9.5 D (regular width) shoe. I thought that these at size 10 would be fine. NOPE! I can squeeze into them but they are tight in the toes and then getting them off requires a servant to pull on them, if you have a servant. I would say if you have a NARROW foot at size 9 or 8.5 these would work for you. Got them from a seller who does not take returns....

So up for sale at $65.00 I plan to be at Joliet and can have them with me there if that helps. Kind of big to ship. I am located near Coldwater, Michigan.Image
Last edited by GonkDriver on Fri May 13, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Breza
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Re: For Sale- Officer Riding Boots

Post by Skykat »

I saw you posted this on the facebook page, and I'll give you the same advice I gave there.

Take an exacto knife and cut that liner out. When I got my boots I had the same issue, could not get my feet in and my toes were squished. Cut the liner out, and put in some insoles so my feet were supported a little bit, and I had no problems. That liner they put in takes like half an inch away from the size of the boot.
GonkDriver
GLG Member
GLG Member

Re: For Sale- Officer Riding Boots

Post by GonkDriver »

What a great idea. I figured that the struggle was with that liner, more like a soft sponge covered in fabric. I never thought to hack out the liner.
Mike Breza
GonkDriver
GLG Member
GLG Member

Re: REMOVED - Officer Riding Boots

Post by GonkDriver »

I did cut out the liners and they fit great now!
Mike Breza
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Re: REMOVED - Officer Riding Boots

Post by Skykat »

GonkDriver wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:18 pm I did cut out the liners and they fit great now!
Awesomesauce!