Hello - Grand Blanc, MI

Introduce yourself here.
Clinton

Hello - Grand Blanc, MI

Post by Clinton »

I had the pleasure with talking to multiple GLG members at the Real Cool Comic Con this weekend. They were all very welcoming and suggested I create an account and introduce myself.

I have always been a Star Wars Fan and interested in making a Imperial Death Trooper TX Armor. Eventually I would also like to build a Imperial Astromech (like a C2-B5).

My other hobbies including Co-Head Mentoring the Grand Blanc Robotics Team since 2008 with my wife and playing Board Games.

I look forward to this journey and have already started down the rabbit hole of researching.

Are there any Death Troopers in the GLG?

Thanks,
Clinton
Last edited by Clinton on Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Hello - Grand Blanc, MI

Post by DeafTrooper »

Welcome! I know we have at least one of those in our garrison.
CT/ID-7859
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

Hi Clinton!!

I remember talking to you!! We have one death (zombie) trooper that I know of in Michigan. Andy is the one to know for sure if you have a Death Trooper from Rogue One.

Here is the Detachment link. https://specops501st.com/ This is where you will go to see tutorials on how to build, and where to get started. Read through as much as you can and don't be afraid to reach out to one of us here!

The CRL can be located here. https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cos ... sion_One-0

Would love to have you!! I am hoping to do an armor party sometime probably after Halloween, if I can figure out an efficient way to keep my polebarn warm.
Clinton

Post by Clinton »

I searched the GLG forums and saw Andrew's Death Trooper Thread. But haven't seen very much talk here about the Imperial Death Troopers.

I have also done a bit of reach on the Spec Ops Detachment Forum, thank you for sharing the link.

I would like to try to 3D print most of the plastic parts and found the following items.

MCM Designs Cults3D Library (Based off of DT "Tom's" Files)

Cosplay Vicar YouTube Videos (he uses the MCM Files)

Are WIP Threads recommended on the GLG Forums or is it better to have one in the Spec Ops Detachment Forums?

To keep your Barn warm, you just need the correct Full Operational equipment. "Commence Primary Ignition"
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

Skykat wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:58 pm Hi Clinton!!

I remember talking to you!! We have one death (zombie) trooper that I know of in Michigan. Andy is the one to know for sure if you have a Death Trooper from Rogue One.
:shock: Never knew we had a zombie trooper in our garrison.

I do remember trooping with an R1 trooper at St. Baldricks a few years back.
CT/ID-7859
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

Clinton wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:42 pm I searched the GLG forums and saw Andrew's Death Trooper Thread. But haven't seen very much talk here about the Imperial Death Troopers.

I have also done a bit of reach on the Spec Ops Detachment Forum, thank you for sharing the link.

I would like to try to 3D print most of the plastic parts and found the following items.

MCM Designs Cults3D Library (Based off of DT "Tom's" Files)

Cosplay Vicar YouTube Videos (he uses the MCM Files)

Are WIP Threads recommended on the GLG Forums or is it better to have one in the Spec Ops Detachment Forums?

To keep your Barn warm, you just need the correct Full Operational equipment. "Commence Primary Ignition"

The best bet is to do it on the detachment forums. They have the experts there. You're always welcome to put a WIP thread here as well, and we'll give you encouragement and guidance as well.

As per our conversastion, I have updated your access to cadet/NCS so you will be able to see of Events, and our Off Duty events as well. We mostly always need NCS for large sporting events, but smaller events can work too. Most of our cons do not need NCS, but each event can be different.

If you get a droid going, we'll give you Droid Builder access as well.
ChillyWill22
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
Legion ID: 22210

Post by ChillyWill22 »

Welcome Aboard!! I am glad you got to talk to some of the member from the Con event you attended. I am looking forward to see what you make and become a Garrison member.

Will Hallam
Commanding Officer (CO)
Great Lakes Garrison
TB/ST-22210

LOVE LIVE THE EMPIRE!!