Is this TK really as good as he says it is??? - UPDATE!!!

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Is this TK really as good as he says it is??? - UPDATE!!!

Post by Lumpy »

There is a guy on Bikerscout.net who is having to sell his TK armor. Here is a pic and the description he gave:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/21 ... 8962ZJcJEy

1 complete set of TK armour. This was originally a black TX suit that painted to allow for some excellent "natural" weathering. the kit comes assembled, with undersuit, boots (size 9 1/2, kenner blaster (painted; but not modded), gloves, canvas belt, right side holster, voice amp (black nexxus/radio shack kind), and a MRCE bucket with two fans mounted in the front. if i'm forgetting anything you think should be there, just ask as i may have missed something. the ABS belt is cracked and being held together with white duck tape, as i didn't get around to replacing it; but it can be purchased from a vendor for fairly cheap.

I asked him how close it was to approval standards and he said he has trooped with his local garrison with it several times. I'm asking those of you with more TK experience than me to give me your opinion. I know it's only one picture, but that's all I've got.

Thanks,
Chris
Last edited by Lumpy on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member

Re: Is this really as good as he says it is???

Post by Lumpy »

Here's an update with the research I've done (see Ripcode, I'm learning :thumbs: )
The guy selling this armor is a member of the Canadian Garrison. His 501st designation is 2912. On his 501st page, he is listed as a TB, a Clone, and a TK. I don't know for certain if this is his listed TK armor, but I've got to think it would be (how many of these things to most people just have laying around unless they are working on or have gotten approved).
I would need to get a new body suit and new boots (I haven't been a medium or a 9 1/2 shoe in a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG time :rotflmao: ). I would also look to replace the belt that he says is duck taped together, but he's offering it at what I think is a good price considering it is all assembled and has the helmet, fans installed, and voice system.
I'd love to hear other opinions, so don't be shy.

Hope the K-Wings event went well. Can't wait for the Port Huron one that is on my side of the state!!!!

Chris
crow
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1491

Re: Is this TK really as good as he says it is???

Post by crow »

i checked out some of the other pics of him in the armor. looks like he needs to adjust it a bit for himself--looks like he's wearing flood pants :lol:
speaking strictly on quality, i'd personally be wary of a suit that has been painted white over black, just for durability reasons. Also for matching the white of the helmet and things like that. Otherwise without closeup pics that's all I can offer. Unless the price is irresistible, I'd say you could hold out for better.
good luck!
--Scott
Ducktrooper
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3771

Post by Ducktrooper »

If the price is right you could make a sandy out of it.
David "Ducktrooper "TK-3771
FISD
Member of the Kilted Trooper Brigade
Mt Clemens, MI.

From the Beyond
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Lumpy »

What exactly would people consider a "Right" price for a set of assembled armor and helmet with the extras listed??
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Has the MR CE helmet been modified to 501st standards? If not, then that will need to be done.

What is he asking for this setup?
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Lumpy »

$550 shipped to my door.
I'll check on the helmet mods and get back with you.
TD866
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0866

Post by TD866 »

Save your money.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Lumpy »

The only things done to the helmet are the fans, speakers, and lens replacement. I think I'm going to pass, but just out of curiosity, what else has to be done to the helmet???

Thanks for the input gang :D
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

You can get a new white FX helmetless kit, and the MRCE helmet cheaper than what he is asking. Then you can build it to fit you.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member

Re: Is this TK really as good as he says it is??? - UPDATE!!!

Post by Lumpy »

He's dropped the price down to $400.
Does that change anyone's opinion?????

Thanks for the guidance.
TK471
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0471

Re: Is this TK really as good as he says it is??? - UPDATE!!!

Post by TK471 »

You can get a new white FX helmetless kit, and the MRCE helmet cheaper than what he is asking. Then you can build it to fit you.
What he said. You build yourself a kit to fit and you get way more personal satisfaction from the effort. I got my FX almost 10 years ago, and if I were to buy another kit today, it would be a fresh one to build from the ground up again (and personal choice would be another FX, I just like the kit).
"Slacker!" <-- it's true