Darth Sidious ROTS Yoda duel robes

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Sith_Sidious2009

Darth Sidious ROTS Yoda duel robes

Post by Sith_Sidious2009 »

Well guys and girls,
Here are my Robes for my ROTS Yoda vs Sidious duel. I just had them finished today. Please tell me what you think. This is just the robes mind you. I am having contact lenses sent in the mail. Unfortunately, I will not have the prosthetic done by Motor City Comic Con but I will be attending in this costume, make-up and the lenses. Tell me what you think! The image is crappy but its the best I have right now.
Attachments
Material used
Material used
Snapshot_20090509_2.jpg (51.92 KiB) Viewed 12995 times
Back Side
Back Side
Snapshot_20090509_4.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 12968 times
Front View with Hood and Caplet
Front View with Hood and Caplet
Snapshot_20090509_3.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 13207 times
His Most Imperial Majesty, Emperor Palpatine of the Galactic Empire
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Re: Darth Sidious ROTS Yoda duel robes

Post by Kal »

Looks good. I am sure it will look much better to the eye at mc3. It will be good to have a Palpy in the state.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
dirty tusken
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 9983

Post by dirty tusken »

very nice. looks dead on.
WORD TO YOUR BANTHA!!!
worlds 1st and only tusken puck.
Sith_Sidious2009

Thanks for the kinds words. I will have more, better rez photos to follow. The trouble is my digital camera has then at a high pixel rate and I can only post 600x400. Any tips on how to lower the rez let me know. I have tried using paint but its time consuming. Thanks. I am having the Black ROTJ robes made as well. I have my yellow contacts in the mail. I am excited that I will be the first Palps in the GLC. Looking forward to trooping as my favorite character!
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

You can use image shack.us to host your images for free and they will adjust the sizes for you. I saw your welcome thread but didn't learn much about you. Tell us a little more about yourself. How old are you, what do you so for a living, etc?
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

Have you checked out the Sith Lords Detachment. There is a ton of Palpy info over there.
http://www.501stsithlords.com/
Sith_Sidious2009

Tarrell..Yes I have been in close contact with the Sith Lords on the 501st SL detachment forum. Thanks for looking out. My name is Jonathan Smith and I am 24 years old. I live in Flint. For a living I am an accountant for the Kroger Co. I am also a student at U of M Flint. I fell in love with Star Wars at an early age and loved Palpatine when I first got my glimpse of Force Lightning in ROTJ. He is my favorite character and friends and family say I do an awesome portrayal of him. I work in the the theatre as well acting and directing plays so I have access to costumers, designers and fabrics. I chose the Yoda Duel robes for now because they haven't really been done here in the states. My next venture will be, of course, the black robes from ROTJ. I attended MCC last year and met you guys and now I am hooked. I want to join as Palpatine for the GLC. I have the Senate Duel robes made now and the ROTJ robes on the way. I also have ordered the yellow lenses and brooch for the black robes. I will be getting a costume prosthetic by the end of summer so I can hopefull get accepted and start trooping by this fall. Thanks for the kudos guys. Constructive criticism also helps too. Looking forward to working with you all!

Regards,
Jonathan Smith
(Future Emperor of the Galaxy ;) )
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

Welcome aboard :thumbs: You'll find the the GLG is extremely helpful in pointing you in the right direction. Also great to see more people joining from around the Flint area.
Sith_Sidious2009

Okay guys..here some better pics of my ROTS robe. I remade the brooch to be smaller..about the size of a half-dollar as the guys on the SL pointed out. Please tell me what you think and anything that is good or could be better. Thanks a lot!
Attachments
Pose for closeup of neck and caplet.
Pose for closeup of neck and caplet.
dsc02327y.jpg (43.3 KiB) Viewed 12693 times
To show battle action
To show battle action
dsc02332y.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 12894 times
In pose
In pose
dsc02331x.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 13070 times