Light Sabers

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
AkaneTakada

Light Sabers

Post by AkaneTakada »

Hey

was wondering if anybody here had some experience in light saber building? Im starting a Maris Brood costume and everything has to be perfect for her to be accepted as a 501st character, so I figured I would start with what I have zero experience in.

http://www.galacticbinder.com/images/Ha ... _brood.jpg
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Re: Light Sabers

Post by Mowskwoz »

From what I've heard and seen with my own eyes, the resident "master of all things lightsaber" is Jay-gon Jinn. He is a member of the Rebel Legion but he frequents our boards and events. You can find him on our boards and send him a PM. :thumbs:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Agreed!! :thumbs:
Jay-Gon you seek!!
AkaneTakada

Post by AkaneTakada »

awesome thanks for the help!
AkaneTakada

Post by AkaneTakada »

so found out jay-gon is massively booked up with both work and lightsabers. So anybody got a plan B?
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

Patience :D
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

Or see if UltraSabers is willing and able to do it, though it may cost a pretty penny.
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

I also know a few custom saber smiths, one particularly in Georgia is a real wiz at it. If you're willing to seek out of state, I can contact him and see if he's open to custom orders, and put you in comms with him.
"And if your war is so noble, so necessary - why aren't you fighting it for yourself?" - Jaster Mereel
AkaneTakada

Post by AkaneTakada »

Jaster wrote:Patience :D
*GASP*
Isnt that a JEDI virtue?

haha
AkaneTakada

Post by AkaneTakada »

also checked with Ultra sabers and they said that they have created her sabers but are not offering them at this time.
Jay-gon Jinn
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Jay-gon Jinn »

Well, thanks for the shout-out fellas! :D

Yeah, sorry but GM decided to cancel my free time...I know, I should be glad to have the work, but it gets on my nerves being there 6 days a week. :mad:

I would certainly love to tackle a pair of tonfa sabers (never built any before), but I don't think I could get to them until sometime late in the year. I have to build one for Karen Larabel first, and then I have one scheduled for Andy (slvrcrest).
jhart06 wrote:I also know a few custom saber smiths, one particularly in Georgia is a real wiz at it. If you're willing to seek out of state, I can contact him and see if he's open to custom orders, and put you in comms with him.
Would this be Wade Henry/Ryen Skytracker/Saber Concepts? He does good work, if that's who you're referring to. :thumbs:
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

Yup, that'd be the man Jay... He is a pretty good smith when it comes to those things. If I ever kick the addiction to beskar'gam, he's managed to help me define a few concepts here and there. And, he knows his machines. Growing up with a machinist as my step-dad, it's a relief to talk to someone who uses the same equipment, and have them know more about a lathe and CNC and such than just the bare minimum.
"And if your war is so noble, so necessary - why aren't you fighting it for yourself?" - Jaster Mereel